The Change Gap
The tension between the current-desired state: when collective and individual agendas collide.
Mind the 'Change Gap:' the divide that's slowing your organization down.
70% of change initiatives fail. Source: McKinsey
The same-old change management approach is clearly not working.
START BY REVISITING YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT 'CHANGE':
1. Change cannot be managed: People are out of your control. Change is a personal decision.
2. People are not objective: Both employees and leaders operate driven by emotions and beliefs. And, most of the times, they collide.
3. Level set the starting point: Not everyone starts from the same place or at the same time.
4. Change requires new mindsets: The adoption of new systems or process is anything but functional.
5. Making adjustments goes both ways: A top-down approach must be replaced by a more collaborative one where employees’ input creates adjustments across iterations.
6. New doesn't always mean better: What seems better for a leader might not feel the same for the employees. Are you addressing your team's "what's in it for me?"
The Change Gap Canvas
This tool will help you assess and understand the gap between your current and desired state.
The 'Change Gap Canvas' is not just descriptive but analytical. It provides a deep understanding of the behaviors and mindset that are slowing down your team.
This is an action-driven tool. It drives alignment, collaboration, and new behaviors to ignite and accelerate change.